Data analyst, climate change adaptation
The Notre Dame Global Adaptation Index (ND GAIN) seeks a Data Analyst to support its Country Index and its associated Urban Adaptation Assessment by adapting the Index to accommodate new data or changes to the methodology; applying the Index framework to new urban indicators and data; and creating outputs and visualizations to enhance the usefulness of ND-GAIN data. The Data Analyst will:
• Develop programs and tools to identify and extract data from a variety of sources to be analyzed in collaboration with the ND GAIN and UAA teams.
• Assess the quality of new data streams and provide statistical analyses where needed.
• Create methodology for quantifying non-numerical data.
• Develop programs and tools to share data and index insights with users and partners
• Create useful outputs (written and numerical reports) and visualizations
• Maintain and update databases, including Index database, and supporting documentation. Provide the needed security and software updates.
• Lead the annual release of the ND-GAIN country index and choose the compelling stories from the update.
• Suggest and pursue areas of data inquiry based on interaction with UAA’s external advisors, with ND-GAIN’s program manager and with other stakeholders.
This is a one-year limited term position with the possibility of a longer term if additional funding becomes available. Contact Jessica Hellmann or Joyce Coffee.